Skip to main content

Good Bye 30s

Well, the time has come to say good bye to the sometimes cumbersome and many times rewarding layers of my 30s  and hello to finally embracing the layers of my 40s.  I know life isn't going to be suddenly a walk in the park, but I plan on implementing all those lessons that I've learned thus far and using them to create a flower lined path to and through the park. 

I'm starting to get it more now.  Layer 30 was cautiously optimistic while layer 35 was shock and awe as adulthood took on new levels of crazy.  Layers 36 - 38 we'll just call resolve.  It was just time to do Something/anything differently, and I did.  Then there was layer 39, well, it was tough and not until 39 and 1 day till 40 did I realize I was mourning the closing of this 30s section/chapter of my life.  It's a big change, one number which is supposed to represent how far I've come thus far, but it's over and I've come a long way baby, that is the conversation I had with myself.

So goodbye to that and let's move on to...Not always making an impression to the outside world first,  but about impressing the hell out of yourself causing the world to take notice of you through your own eyes. 

Cheers to a life that will be a walk in the park...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SKIN I'M IN...

NYC-Embracing & Letting Go of This Skin  I 've  been desperately holding on to old shedding skins.  Skin that has puckered and worn out.  Skin that is snug in all the wrong places and increasingly more and more uncomfortable.  Skin that no longer serves me and is completely unrecognizable.  Skin that I've been terrified to let go of and allow to decompose because the new just felt/feels terrifying.  The new feels/felt so different.  I'm not even sure how to wear it or even approach this skin.  What part of me do I dress/address first...Do I start with putting it on from my head or my feet?  Or do I put it on like a front button down dress with at least 100 buttons that need attention?  I'm not sure how to wear this new skin.  I'm not sure how to approach this new skin,  so I've isolated myself more  than ever.  I've hid myself away but I find myself seeking to connect and be held; be in spaces with more than just me & this ill-fitting version of myse

Dear Single Mama!

The Early Years of Figuring It Out! You got this!   Yes, YOU GOT THIS!   I know you’re wrapping presents solo.   I know you might be feeling guilt because you couldn’t afford all the spoils for your babe(s).   I know you’re possibly pushing through some unhealed traumas, negative balances, uncertainty, exhaustion & being the safe space AKA emotional punching bag for said babes…whom you are also wracking your brain trying to figure out how to give them the world & keep them shielded from the perils of that same world including your ish…What am I saying?   You’re keeping your spinning plates going!   You’ve come so far!   Remember when you didn’t have right in this moment (job, an apartment, safety, a couple of extra dollars, food, new furniture, new friends, new love, school, accomplishments…) YOU have come so far!   YOU have done your very best to keep the fruit of your womb safe & supported.   So take a moment to honor yourself as you figure out how to make duct tape look

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, With Love...

Dear moms, I have just had a lovely Mother's Day. My son lovingly woke me up this morning with this single rose, bear and card. He followed that up with the deepest hug and a slew of "why I am so lucky to have you as my mom" sweet nothings. I was done. My heart was bursting. He even blogged about it...Seriously He loves me unconditionally, wow! He loves me with every part of who he is and it is so beautiful and real. So why am I going on and on about this uninhibited show of affection from my child? I guess because I don't have this kind of love for myself. Yes, over the years, I've learned to "love me," but am still working on being in love with me. Loving me with zero inhibitions, blindly and completely unconditional. The big blessing of this day is that I am one of the lucky ones. Besides the obvious roof over my head, food in my belly, employment, internet, free will etc..., I get to be told everyday that I am loved. I get to look into my