Skip to main content

12 12 12 = ?

So here we go 12/12/12!!

We've all been anticipating this moment or at least some us are. I think for me it is about maximizing my spiritual connectedness. I feel like I've been a little off with my prayer and meditation so this is the perfect day to get back on it!

I think what I've been a little afraid of really is where my deeper prayer and meditation will take me. We are living in such extremely spiritual times. I can almost feel the energy coming from my fingertips and that is when when I'm not so connected. I can only imagine what I'd be feeling if I was on the spiritual deep.

According to my google search and multiple conversations with people, 12/12/12 is supposed to be a very incredibly powerful & spiritual day. It is supposed to be a day of not only spiritual connectivity, but "mathematical magic" (I read that somewhere), but I get it. From ancient and medieval weights and measurements to our 12 month calendar year to the divider of our days and nights to the dozen roses I've been waiting to show up for some time now

12 is no joke.

How about the fact that Jesus had 12 apostles, Judaism has the 12 tribes of Israel, and the followers of Shia Islam note that the prophet Muhammad has 12 successors called Imams? Amazing!

What does this day look like to you? Are you going to live it like every other day or maybe dive into something that you've putting off for this year. What will happen for you today? Will you make that life-changing decision? However your day presents itself to you, I implore you to take a moment to be still. Heighten your awareness about those things seen and unseen.

So as I prepare to go a little deeper today, I acknowledge the power in this day and take full advantage of this most excellent and spiritually palatable day, letting every minute of the day matter.

And so it is...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SKIN I'M IN...

NYC-Embracing & Letting Go of This Skin  I 've  been desperately holding on to old shedding skins.  Skin that has puckered and worn out.  Skin that is snug in all the wrong places and increasingly more and more uncomfortable.  Skin that no longer serves me and is completely unrecognizable.  Skin that I've been terrified to let go of and allow to decompose because the new just felt/feels terrifying.  The new feels/felt so different.  I'm not even sure how to wear it or even approach this skin.  What part of me do I dress/address first...Do I start with putting it on from my head or my feet?  Or do I put it on like a front button down dress with at least 100 buttons that need attention?  I'm not sure how to wear this new skin.  I'm not sure how to approach this new skin,  so I've isolated myself more  than ever.  I've hid myself away but I find myself seeking to connect and be held; be in spaces with more than just me & this ill-fitting version of myse

Dear Single Mama!

The Early Years of Figuring It Out! You got this!   Yes, YOU GOT THIS!   I know you’re wrapping presents solo.   I know you might be feeling guilt because you couldn’t afford all the spoils for your babe(s).   I know you’re possibly pushing through some unhealed traumas, negative balances, uncertainty, exhaustion & being the safe space AKA emotional punching bag for said babes…whom you are also wracking your brain trying to figure out how to give them the world & keep them shielded from the perils of that same world including your ish…What am I saying?   You’re keeping your spinning plates going!   You’ve come so far!   Remember when you didn’t have right in this moment (job, an apartment, safety, a couple of extra dollars, food, new furniture, new friends, new love, school, accomplishments…) YOU have come so far!   YOU have done your very best to keep the fruit of your womb safe & supported.   So take a moment to honor yourself as you figure out how to make duct tape look

BIG UPS TO THE KID & HIS OG (aka his Mama)

Move Out Day! "To love means to embrace & at the same time to withstand many many endings, and many many beginnings- all in the same relationship"   Clarissa Pinkola Estés (Women Who Run With The Wolves) I was recently speaking with a friend of mine about raising our sons.  Our boys are on the precipice of crossing over into young adulthood.  Roaming the world with less of a tether...making their own decisions... Somedays I wish I could somehow put my son back in my belly.  Somedays more than others, I wish for this extreme unrealistic regression because at least when he was in my belly; he was tucked in that protective pouch filled with fluid to pad him from any jarring experiences.  I wish I could protect him from EVERY bump, ditch, divet, tsunami, tidal wave, earthquake type of trauma...but I can't and those times where all I can do is be a place for him to lay his burden down and soak up is pain filled tears...I squeeze him with all might in hopes that my arms and