Skip to main content

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, With Love...

Dear moms,
I have just had a lovely Mother's Day. My son lovingly woke me up this morning with this single rose, bear and card. He followed that up with the deepest hug and a slew of "why I am so lucky to have you as my mom" sweet nothings. I was done. My heart was bursting. He even blogged about it...Seriously

He loves me unconditionally, wow! He loves me with every part of who he is and it is so beautiful and real. So why am I going on and on about this uninhibited show of affection from my child? I guess because I don't have this kind of love for myself. Yes, over the years, I've learned to "love me," but am still working on being in love with me. Loving me with zero inhibitions, blindly and completely unconditional.

The big blessing of this day is that I am one of the lucky ones. Besides the obvious roof over my head, food in my belly, employment, internet, free will etc..., I get to be told everyday that I am loved. I get to look into my sons eyes and see the mirror of the love I have for him reciprocated back to me. I look at him and see the me I want to be. Powerful stuff right? So powerful that for this next part of this journey to self, I am going to work on loving myself with no inhibitions and unconditionally. I am going to look at myself each morning and tell me why I love me. Why I deserve this love and Why I am blessed to know and love me.

Mother's Milk (Nourish, Nurture, Sustain & Build)

In this self love moment I will be doing my best to embrace a big part of strengthening my voice. The writing I do/have done has been nourishing in the journey through Mother's Milk, but self love is, I believe the nurturing part of my mother's milk journey. Does that make sense? I hope so. Post your thoughts and input please.

Oh and Happy Mother's Day, with love to from yourself to yourself...

Comments

  1. hello!
    I only just discovered your blog, and I love it! You got me cryin' with this one this morning.
    :)

    I likely have much to say, but first I must digest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well spoken. Keep sharing with that passion you possess and your goal you'll obtain. I look forward to the many insightful words you will share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mellen,
    Thank you so much for your words...Thank you for being open. Digest Digest Digest

    @Robbin, thank you for always supporting. I'm keeping it moving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving ourselves can be hard. I am often so willing to fixate on whatever negative has happened. What if I used that energy to focus on the good? What if I gave myself a freakin' break? What if we were as nice to ourselves as our truest friends want us to be? ooooo - thank goodness for exercise, meditation and kind smiles from kind souls. Have you heard of the film "I Am"? It's a documentary with folks like Desmond Tutu and Noam Chomski. Even the interview with the filmmaker that I heard on NPR was healing. xoxo thx for inviting me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cha Cha's mom, thank you for posting. I hope you have given yourself a break. That is my daily battle. I haven't heard of the film, but I will definitely be checking it out. Continue to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE SKIN I'M IN...

NYC-Embracing & Letting Go of This Skin  I 've  been desperately holding on to old shedding skins.  Skin that has puckered and worn out.  Skin that is snug in all the wrong places and increasingly more and more uncomfortable.  Skin that no longer serves me and is completely unrecognizable.  Skin that I've been terrified to let go of and allow to decompose because the new just felt/feels terrifying.  The new feels/felt so different.  I'm not even sure how to wear it or even approach this skin.  What part of me do I dress/address first...Do I start with putting it on from my head or my feet?  Or do I put it on like a front button down dress with at least 100 buttons that need attention?  I'm not sure how to wear this new skin.  I'm not sure how to approach this new skin,  so I've isolated myself more  than ever.  I've hid myself away but I find myself seeking to connect and be held; be in spaces with more than just me & this ill-fitting version of myse

Dear Single Mama!

The Early Years of Figuring It Out! You got this!   Yes, YOU GOT THIS!   I know you’re wrapping presents solo.   I know you might be feeling guilt because you couldn’t afford all the spoils for your babe(s).   I know you’re possibly pushing through some unhealed traumas, negative balances, uncertainty, exhaustion & being the safe space AKA emotional punching bag for said babes…whom you are also wracking your brain trying to figure out how to give them the world & keep them shielded from the perils of that same world including your ish…What am I saying?   You’re keeping your spinning plates going!   You’ve come so far!   Remember when you didn’t have right in this moment (job, an apartment, safety, a couple of extra dollars, food, new furniture, new friends, new love, school, accomplishments…) YOU have come so far!   YOU have done your very best to keep the fruit of your womb safe & supported.   So take a moment to honor yourself as you figure out how to make duct tape look