Skip to main content

Second Quarter...Here we go!



Hello April!  It's hard to believe you have already arrived.  You being here requires me to do a quick check in with my 2016 plan of attack.  Am I on a good path?  Have I been diligent and disciplined with my plans?  Have I changed my mind about how I feel about any accomplishments?  Did I surprise myself in anyway?  Am I feeling disappointed or proud of myself?  So many questions you bring to me April!  

So 2016 was/is supposed to be the year I push myself outside of my comfort zone.  Do things that make you uncomfortable because the further out they are the more you find yourself stretching and growing in unexpected ways.  How has it been thus far?  

Quick self assessment, like most folks, I started out incredibly strong.  I knocked out a few things on my list...Travel to LA for the first time...go on a dates(yipes!)...Okay, you get the idea, i've done some ish already and that feels pretty good!  

Let's discuss procrastination though...Why do we procrastinate?  Seriously, why!??! Is it because we or I am afraid of messing things up?  Putting off the failure or hell, putting off the success?  I mean think about it, the longer I put of that next line item on my list the longer it is for me to do the work to keep said line item going...the longer it is before I have to be accountable to said line item, the longer it is before I get an chance to achieve my goal...huh??  That's the problem with procrastination, you don't get ish done.  You actually miss opportunities because you weren't prepared...Thats a problem.  A problem that stunts your ability to grow.  So we flash back to the beginning of this post, I stated that 2016 was/is supposed to be the year I pushed myself outside of my comfort, which means procrastination needs to be what's put off.  There is no time for procrastination, because there are only twelve months in this year and April has arrived signaling the beginning of the second quarter, giving me the opportunity to reset and continue pushing forward because it's only the second quarter and I got this!

April let's do this!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failure is Not Final

Such a simple statement, yet so profound, life changing even. A simple statement a co worker of mine made while sharing a story about his son who, by the way was telling his dad how that simple statement he made to him years prior was what seemed to always bring him back to his center. Failure is not final...So I get up everyday and do what I am supposed to do - wake up, shower, dress, make sure my kid is showered, dressed, fed and prepared for the day ahead, while I do the same for work. That is what i'm supposed to do. Yup, a run-on sentence that defines my day to day life of what is supposed to be. It's easy to do this daily dance because I am supposed to; the world expects it, so it is easy to fulfill. Failure is not really an option - I'm expected to work and be a mother. It's the responsible thing to do. So let's discuss what I yearn to do, my personal expectations and make that simple statement...failure is not final...Why has getting to that finish li...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, With Love...

Dear moms, I have just had a lovely Mother's Day. My son lovingly woke me up this morning with this single rose, bear and card. He followed that up with the deepest hug and a slew of "why I am so lucky to have you as my mom" sweet nothings. I was done. My heart was bursting. He even blogged about it...Seriously He loves me unconditionally, wow! He loves me with every part of who he is and it is so beautiful and real. So why am I going on and on about this uninhibited show of affection from my child? I guess because I don't have this kind of love for myself. Yes, over the years, I've learned to "love me," but am still working on being in love with me. Loving me with zero inhibitions, blindly and completely unconditional. The big blessing of this day is that I am one of the lucky ones. Besides the obvious roof over my head, food in my belly, employment, internet, free will etc..., I get to be told everyday that I am loved. I get to look into my...

My Daddy

My father passed on November 11.   God that was an awful day.  Hearing/reading the words that my father was dead.  I was driving to work when I heard the news.  I thought I could go on with my scheduled day without issue.  I guess that was the part of me that wasn't really willing to process it.  Just go to work and check in later in the day with the family to make sure everyone is okay.  I really wanted and needed my mom at that moment, so I called her to let her know.  I didn't expect her to breakdown as much as she did.  I expected her sweetness and love and compassion, but not her heartache.  I believe that was the point I talked to each of my siblings.  Each of them feeling the weight of the very sudden absence of our dad. I spent the next week receiving love and condolences and flowers and more love and a multitude of stories about who my father was to people.  How he affected their lives, how he helped shape who th...